John Kelly Construction Services Limited were appointed Principal Contractor on this scheme for Gwynedd County Council.
The project consisted of the construction of a 150 space car park and access road, park and share facility at Llandygai (on the outskirts of Bangor, Gwynedd).
The aim is to reduce illegal parking in the Bangor area. The scheme lies within Park Bryn Cegin, Business Park.
The scope of works carried out by John Kelly Construction included the following:
- Site Clearance
- Establishment of site compound
- Cut and Fill earthworks (50% in rock)
- Large diameter deep attenuation drainage and large diameter manholes
- Drainage including land drains and interceptors
- Installation of ducts, chambers streetlighting, sub-station HV/LV cables, and car charging facilities
- Kerbs and edgings
- Grasscrete paving
- Tactiles and anti-pedestrian paving
- Formation sub-base and surfacing
- Street furniture, including bus stops, bike shelters, bollards, bins, height barriers and bilingual signage
- Fencing including security gates, security fencing and knee rail fencing
- Formation of open ditches and headwalls
- Landscaping including grass seeding, tree planting
- Road marking
Below you can see the progress of the earthworks on site, and the processes used during the first stages of works:
“Very well managed and constructed project. All aspects were exemplary.”
“All site and management staff can be praised for their excellent work ethic and quality output.”
Dylan Parry, Principal Engineer – Gwynedd County Council